The GrizzTracker App is available on Google Play for Android devices and the App Store for iOS devices. You can find them by searching for "Grizztracker". You will be asked to create a registration and password. Please use your "First.Lastname" as a login name and a password not easily forgotten. Any updates to the app and important alerts will be sent to the email provided.
A few things to remember about using the smartphone application:
- You only need to register once on the app, and can use the same registration on both mapping tool and smartphone app.
- The app relies on the GPS in your smartphone to record location, so this feature must be turned on, along with other permissions the app requests.
- You do NOT need internet access to record an observation or trip, data is stored on your smartphone and then uploaded once you are in a service area.
- Your app needs to be open for data to upload, so remember to keep it open once you're in a service area
- A full walk through and training guide for GrizzTracker can be viewed here.